- Role: Financial Controller
- Employment Type: FTC Maternity Cover for 10 months
- Hours: Full time, Flexible
- Location: Onsite at Cura Terrae HQ, Brook Holt Sheffield
- Reports to: Group Finance Director
About Cura Terrae
Cura Terrae is a collection of forward-thinking environmental companies dedicated to making the world a better place for people and the planet. We provide consultancy, services and solutions to help take care of the Earth. We are always looking to work with people who are committed to doing their best, delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
We are hiring for a Fixed Term Financial Controller to cover a maternity cover, beginning March 2024. This will be a full-time, ten-month contract.
- Lead the F&A function of the group subsidiaries
- Delivers financial control and produces financial management information
- Own the ledgers and finance system – daily maintenance of the finance systems covering all daily processes and controls
- Preparing monthly financial reports, performing account reconciliations & maintaining the general ledger including audit trail support for all journal entries
- Analytical review and analysis of financial data and generate monthly trend reports and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring financial statement accuracy and investigating variances
- Prepare and reconcile all bank accounts resolving any discrepancies
- Detailed daily cashflow management / planning and bank accounts maintenance
- Where applicable support the stock-take, stock control and stock transaction functions ensuring effective controls
- Support the development and documentation of finance processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assisting with audit preparation and preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and management of monthly payroll
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with GAAP and company policy and procedures
- Liaising with the subsidiary MDs and senior managers providing financial support
- This role will also require you to support the Group Finance Director with various ad hoc project, as they arise.
Experience we are looking for:
- Prior experience as a financial controller
- Experience with management accounts preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Running and management of monthly payroll
- Working with operations, MD’s and other business functions
- Expert knowledge in preparation of VAT returns
- Part-qualified with relevant professional body, most likely CIMA
- Expected to keep up to date with accounting standards and contemporary practice
- Accounts Qualification
Working for us
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing. Become part of our team!
What we can offer our employees
Cura Terrae is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible working, part-time and job share opportunities.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional day’s holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- ‘Health Cash Plan’ including access to face-to-face counselling
- Hybrid / flexible working, including “flex-from-first”
- Career development and progression (professional membership(s) paid)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Volunteer days and matched charity fundraising